TAX refund £432 is going begging Do not lose out!

Marriage Allowance

Basically you can use unused personal allowances of your spouse or partner, to obtain a tax refund 2015-16 £212; 2016-17 £220 that is a whopping £432. If your partner doesn’t work of earns less than £11,000 you can get up to £432. You can back date your claim to 6 April 2015.

So don’t miss out

You can obtain this online on this link

or phone 0300 200 3300 if you are having any problems doing this online.

Please note we at Taximanager cannot do this for you, but just do not want you to miss out.

How it works

Marriage Allowance lets you transfer £1,100 of your Personal Allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner – if they earn more than you.

This reduces their tax by up to £220 in the tax year (6 April to 5 April the next year).

To benefit as a couple, you (as the lower earner) must have an income of £11,000 or less. You can calculate how much tax you’ll pay as a couple.

If you were eligible for Marriage Allowance in the 2015 to 2016 tax year, you can backdate your claim to 6 April 2015. You can only transfer the set amount each year.

Who can apply

You can get Marriage Allowance if all the following apply:

  • you’re married or in a civil partnership
  • you don’t earn anything or your income is under £11,000
  • your partner’s income is between £11,001 and £43,000

You can still apply for Marriage Allowance if you or your partner:

  • are currently receiving a pension
  • live abroad – as long as you get a Personal Allowance.

If you or your partner were born before 6 April 1935, you might benefit more as a couple by applying for Married Couple’s Allowance instead.